Food Defense, Crisis Management and Intentional Adulteration
The tragic events of 9/11 reshaped our nation and the entire world. As such, companies located domestically here in the United States and around the world are being challenged each day with new opportunities to better protect their assets, their employees, products and all of their stakeholders. There is a growing demand for better security at companies all across the nation. A company's survival could depend on how prepared they are to prevent and respond when disaster strikes. D.L. Newslow & Associates, Inc. has partnered with Rod Wheeler of the Global Food Defense Institute to provide the only Food Defense Workshop backed by the company with the best Food Defense experience in the business.
Rod Wheeler is well-known in food safety industry circles as the foremost authority on Food Defense principles. Often imitated, never duplicated, Rod brings his years of experience as a Washington, D.C. beat cop, as well as inside knowledge of terrorist psychology from his time with the Department of Homeland Security.
A disaster could come in many forms ranging from catastrophic weather events, an active shooter at your facility or workplace, or a terrorist or protester determined to cause harm to your people, products, image or brand.
We live and operate our businesses in a world that has a growing number of crises. Society is becoming more complicated and diverse. News travels faster and the general public has access to more information via the internet. It is critical and imperative that companies and facilities are prepared for whatever crises may occur within their organization – prepared not only to deal with each situation but also to inform various audiences about what is being done.
The Global Food Defense Institute assists companies in addressing many areas and facets of the business operations of an organization. The Food Defense Workshop includes:
- Food Defense Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow!
- Situational Response: Product Tampering & Threat Response Workshop
- Understating Crime and Terrorism
- FDA/Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA)
- Understanding Economically Motivated Adulteration (Food Fraud)
- Understanding Food Defense Audit requirements
- Developing Your Facility's General Security Plan and Program
- Emergency Evacuations
- Bomb/Threat Response Procedures
- Proper Mail Handling
- Chemical Storage Security
- Warehouse Security
- Visitor and Contractor Policies
- Cargo & Transportation Security
- Key, Lock and Seal Control
- CCTV & Card Access Systems
- Shipping/Receiving Security
- Natural Disasters/Weather Emergency Preparedness
- Security Guard Personnel
- Workshop: Developing Security Protocols
- Conducting Security Vulnerability Assessments
- Facility Vulnerability Assessment Workshop and/or Review of Your Facility Vulnerability Assessment
- Using the FDA's Food Defense Plan Builder (please bring your laptop if available)
- Handling Crisis Management and Hostile Situations
- Crisis Management Workshop
- Active Shooter Response and Safety Protocols
- Active Shooter Video-Run, Hide, Fight
- Workplace Violence Programs
- How To Conduct Internal Tampering Investigations
- Conducting Interviews-
- Understanding Body Language and other signs of deception
- Conducting Online Background Searches: Using Government Open Sourced Data Bases
Instructor: Mr. Rod Wheeler. View more information.
This course is offered at the Drury Inn and Suites in Orlando, Florida. Venue information.
Workshop hours are from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Course instructional materials, professional certificates, lunch, drinks and snacks are included in the cost. Workshop Description.
|Start Date||09-10-2018 9:00 am|
|End Date||09-11-2018 5:00 pm|
|Registration Start Date||02-20-2018|
|Cut off date||09-10-2018 9:00 am|
|Location||Drury Inn and Suites|